Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Info for teachers
You are currently using Apps 4 EFL as a guest.
to save your progress.
1. What piece of technology did most Japanese people use after the big earthquake in 2011?
2. What was the special feature of NTT Docomo's phone cover?
It measures energy levels.
It measures radiation levels.
3. What technology service was in demand 50 times more than usual after the earthquake?
4. What three pieces of technology can help with personal power generation?
Solar panels, coal burning stoves, wind turbines.
Wind turbines, solar panels, in-home batteries.
Car batteries, nuclear power, wind turbines.
5. What is the special feature of Nissan's new electric car?
You can power the car from your home.
You can power your home from the car.
6. What did the tablet application show?
It shows how much electricity each home device is using.
It shows radiation levels.
7. How much power could the car provide to an apartment or house?
7000 watts per hour
6000 watts per hour
8000 watts per hour
8. What is special about the future city of Fujisawa?
It hopes to be earthquake resistant by 2016
It hopes to be energy self-sufficient by 2015.
9. What is special about 3M's new solar panels?
They are made of recycled material.
They are opaque.
They are transparent.
10. Are they cheaper or more expensive than standard solar panels?
Please wait a moment...