ER Level Check
This activity is for students who wish to, or are required to, undertake Extensive Reading as part of their English language studies.
Extensive Reading involves reading lots of books (graded readers), which are written in English suitable for the student's ability level.
This activity helps students determine which level of graded readers they should be reading.
During the level check, students' reading speed, vocabulary knowledge, and reading comprehension will be tested.
This activity includes short extracts from the following publications:
- White Death, by Tim Vicary. Published by Oxford University Press.
- Babe, The Sheep Pig, by Dick King-Smith. Published by Pearson.
- Braveheart, by Randall Wallace. Published by Pearson.
- Love Actually, by Pearson Education. Published by Pearson.
- I, Robot, by Tricia Reilly (Adapter), and Isaac Asimov (Author). Published by Macmillan Education.
These extracts are considered to fall under non-commercial/educational fair use exemptions.