Apps 4 EFL
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Info for teachers
You are currently using Apps 4 EFL as a guest.
to save your progress.
1. How much money does Yoshihiro Nozawa get every month?
2. How much is this worth in dollars?
Just over 150 dollars.
Just over 50 dollars.
Just over 250 dollars.
Just over 350 dollars.
3. When did his wife start controlling the household budget?
After they started dating.
Before they had children.
After she had children and became a housewife.
After they got married.
4. What costs a lot for their children?
Hobbies and free time activities
Education and private lessons.
Clothes and accessories.
Food and grocery shopping
5. What does she do to try to ease her husband's burden?
She gives him a massage every evening
She works a part-time job
She makes him a lunchbox.
6. What is Mr. Nozawa's only luxury?
Taking a bath at the weekend.
Smoking a cigarette after lunch.
Drinking a beer after work
7. How much of his pocket money does he spend on this luxury?
8. What percentage of Japanese household budgets are controlled by women?
9. What has happened to the amount of pocket money men receive since the 1990s?
It has halved
It has tripled
It has doubled
10. How much money does Mr. Kubo receive every month?
Just over 400 dollars
Just over 500 dollars
Just over 300 dollars
Just over 600 dollars
11. What does Mr. Kubo try and do every year?
He tries to save up a lot of money
He tries to exercise thoroughly
He tries to negotiate a pay rise
12. Which of these things has Mr. Kubo NOT given up?
His expensive hobbies
13. How much do Japanese businessmen spend per night on average?
More than 50 dollars
Less than 40 dollars
More than 40 dollars
Less than 50 dollars
Please wait a moment...