Apps 4 EFL
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Info for teachers
You are currently using Apps 4 EFL as a guest.
to save your progress.
1. Which of these things does the presenter NOT mention about Beatlemania?
2. What is the second kind of mania mentioned by the presenter?
3. What is the third kind of mania mentioned by the presenter?
4. Which of these things does the presenter NOT mention about manias?
They can be overwhelming
They can be deadly
They can be alarming
They can be good
5. What does the presenter say is the world's new mania?
A mania for learning English
A mania for using technology
A mania for sightseeing
A mania for making money
6. Which of these things do the Chinese students NOT say?
I don't want to let my parents down
I don't want to let my coworkers down
Most importantly, I don't want to let myself down
I don't ever want to let my country down
7. How many people are trying to learn English worldwide?
8. Which of these places is NOT mentioned by the presenter?
9. When do Chinese students start learning English
The first grade
The third grade
The second grade
The fourth grade
10. What will happen to China in the year the presentation was given?
It will host the Olympic games
It will become the country with the world's largest population
It will become the world's largest English speaking country
It will have the world's largest job market
11. According to the presenter, why is English so popular?
Hollywood movies are in English
It provides opportunity for a better life
It is easy to learn
It has many famous authors and musicians
12. How long do Chinese students study for the "gaokao"?
3 hours a day for 12 years
12 hours a week for 3 weeks
12 hours a month for three years
12 hours a day for 3 years
13. What percent of the grade for the "gaokao" is based on English?
14. How many Chinese high school students have already taken the "gaokao"?
15. What kind of English do Chinese students want to speak?
16. Which of the following global problems is NOT mentioned by the presenter?
17. Which of the following is NOT mentioned by the presenter as being a "global language"
18. What is English becoming a language for?
Please wait a moment...