Apps 4 EFL
Fight the Fakes
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Info for teachers
You are currently using Apps 4 EFL as a guest.
to save your progress.
1. Which of these things does the presenter NOT mention about Beatlemania?
2. What is the second kind of mania mentioned by the presenter?
3. What is the third kind of mania mentioned by the presenter?
4. Which of these things does the presenter NOT mention about manias?
They can be deadly
They can be overwhelming
They can be alarming
They can be good
5. What does the presenter say is the world's new mania?
A mania for sightseeing
A mania for learning English
A mania for using technology
A mania for making money
6. Which of these things do the Chinese students NOT say?
I don't want to let my coworkers down
I don't ever want to let my country down
Most importantly, I don't want to let myself down
I don't want to let my parents down
7. How many people are trying to learn English worldwide?
8. Which of these places is NOT mentioned by the presenter?
9. When do Chinese students start learning English
The first grade
The second grade
The fourth grade
The third grade
10. What will happen to China in the year the presentation was given?
It will have the world's largest job market
It will become the country with the world's largest population
It will become the world's largest English speaking country
It will host the Olympic games
11. According to the presenter, why is English so popular?
It has many famous authors and musicians
It is easy to learn
It provides opportunity for a better life
Hollywood movies are in English
12. How long do Chinese students study for the "gaokao"?
12 hours a week for 3 weeks
12 hours a month for three years
12 hours a day for 3 years
3 hours a day for 12 years
13. What percent of the grade for the "gaokao" is based on English?
14. How many Chinese high school students have already taken the "gaokao"?
15. What kind of English do Chinese students want to speak?
16. Which of the following global problems is NOT mentioned by the presenter?
17. Which of the following is NOT mentioned by the presenter as being a "global language"
18. What is English becoming a language for?
Please wait a moment...