Apps 4 EFL
Pirate or Pilot
ER Level Check
Info for teachers
You are currently using Apps 4 EFL as a guest.
to save your progress.
1. What has the presenter always had a fascination for?
Science and nature
Sports and games
Computers and technology
2. What has the presenter made?
Apps for Mac computers
Apps for Windows computers
Apps for Android devices
Apps for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
3. What was the presenter's first app called?
4. What was the feature of this application?
It changed the shape of Earth depending on your fortune
It changed the brightness of Earth depending on your fortune
It changed the size of Earth depending on your fortune
It changed the color of Earth depending on your fortune
5. What was the name of the presenters most successful app?
6. When did the presenter release this app?
Just after the holidays in 2010
Just before the holidays in 2011
Just before the holidays in 2010
During the holidays in 2010
7. What does the presenter often get asked?
How old are you?
What's your name?
Do you like computers and technology?
How do you make your apps?
8. Why is making apps difficult for kids?
Not many kids know where to go to find out how to make a program
Programming is too difficult for kids to understand properly
Programming is too expensive and requires special tools and equipment.
Kids don't have much time to make programs
9. How many parents have written apps?
Not many of them
Half of them
Most of them
All of them
10. What programming languages did the presenter start using?
PHP, C, Python
C++, Ruby, Python
Python, C and Java
11. What can you do with Apple's Software Development Kit?
Create and program an iPhone app
Develop digital photographs on iOS
Develop accessory kits for iPhones
Distribute and market an iPhone app
12. What did the presenter persuade his parents to do?
Pay for Apple's Software Development Kit
Pay for school to learn about programming
Pay to put his apps on the app store
Pay for his app
13. Who did the presenter get a lot of inspiration from?
14. What kind of club did the presenter start at school?
A video game club
A football club
An app club
A baseball club
15. Who is sponsoring the presenter's club?
16. Where will money made from the presenter's apps for schools go?
Into his own personal savings
Into debt repayment
Into a wildlife charity
Into local ed foundations
17. What does the presenter want to do in the future?
Become a famous football player
Make millions of dollars from his apps
Become a teacher of programming
Create more apps and more games
Please wait a moment...